- Give away something other than candy. (Toothpicks, golf balls, bags of sand, etc.)
- Wait behind the door until some people come. When they get near the door, jump out, wearing a costume, and holding a bag, and yell, “Trick or Treat!” Look at them, scratch your head, and act confused.
- Fill a briefcase with marbles and crackers. Write on it, “Top Secret” in big letters. When trick-or-treaters come, look around suspiciously, say, “It’s about time you got here,” give them the briefcase, and quickly shut the door.
- Get about 30 people to wait in your living room. When trick-or-treaters come to the door, say, “Come in.” When they do, have everyone yell, “Surprise!!!” Act like it’s a surprise party.
- Get everyone who comes to the door to come in and see if they can figure out what’s wrong with your dishwasher. Insist that it makes an unnatural “whirring” sound.
- After you give them candy, hand the trick-or-treaters a bill.
- Insist that the trick-or-treaters each do ten push-ups before you give them any candy.
- Hand out menus to the trick-or-treaters and let them order their candy. Keep asking if anyone wants to see the wine list.
- When people come to the door, jump out a nearby window, crashing through the glass, and run as far away from your house as you can.
- Answer the door dressed as a dentist. Angrily give the trick-or-treaters a two-hour lecture on tooth decay.
Garbohom 7ag el Gerge3an next year :p