Blackberry Z10 is out and is sold in various places around K-Town in different prices and offers!
But the important question remains .. should i go for it?! .. does it worth the 199 KD price tag?!
i got mine today .. and this post is not a review .. it is only a highlight on the important points you should know about it!
1. It uses Micro-SIM not the regular SIM card!
2. Blackberry are planning to release 4 models of Z10 with different LTE compatabilities BUT .. The one that holds RFG81UW model number doesn’t support LTE .. and this is the one sold in K-Town now .. mine from Mobile 2000 and my cousin’s from XCite are from this model .. so watch out for that!
3. I read as you might read as well that the new BB Z10 doesn’t need a special Blackberry plan to be able to use BBM. Wataniya employees also assured me that BBM will work directly using the regular data plan but you need Blackberry plan if you want to use the email!
yet .. after buying it .. i wasn’t able to make BBM work with Zain and Viva sim card with regular plan .. i had to subscribe to a Blackberry plan. “note that Zain have different pricing for plans for regular blackberry or blackberry 10”
4. I got the white color .. it looks very nice .. but .. it collects dirt easily .. more easy than the white samsungs or iphone!
5. You will need sometime to get used to the gestures to be able to use the phone smothly!
6. It dosen’t have Whatsapp, Instagram “you can use the browser to log in to your account though and you will be able to see your feed and give likes but you can’t post pictures”.
7. If you are a fan of Keek .. it is also not available.
8. In BBM, Some of the font styles used by contacts in their topics is unreadable .. it will show as square boxes!
Simply .. if you take my opinion .. its to early to decide to buy it as its app selection is lacking a lot of apps.
As what it comes with now .. it doesn’t worth the 199 KD price tag!